Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chruck

Maura's cousin Calvin celebrated his second birthday, and Chad showed me how to screen print an image onto a shirt. This is how Calvin pronounces the word "truck."
I know, right?! It rocks. I cut out the truck, and Chad cut out the text and painted the stuff onto the shirt. It was so much fun to learn how to do it, it makes me excited to try it out some more.

I hosted a baby shower for my sweet friend Maggie, and us 3rd Wardian alumni partied down baby-gifting style at Hotel Inlaws.
I totally made those pom-poms in the background. Lurve those things. I have them hanging in Maura's room above the place where I change her diapers, and when she gets all wiggly and twisty I tell her to point at the overhanging pom-poms. It keeps her still for about seven seconds.

Look, it's easy to fake a pregnancy with one of those grocery-store bouncy balls. I bet you can't even tell which girl is faking it.

6 comments:

Jessica Dean said...

Look at you miss creative! That is a darling tshirt you guys made! And way to make some pom poms! I bet Maura loves them! So fun.

kate said...

ooh, i've always wanted to learn screen printing! that shirt is dang awesome.

Megan said...

You should totally send the Chruck shirt design to threadless. Or some hip lil' kids clothes store. I lurve it!!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Cute shirt!!! Looks like a great party! :)

Kati said...

If you keep posting all your creative ideas, someone from the Enrichment Board is gonna snag you to teach a class or something! :) And, by the way, how do you know Amy Cox? (I can't remember her married name) She is our favorite Preschool teacher EVER!!! Small world!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

You can do some serious bum wiping in seven seconds. I had to change my baby on the floor of our van today. Not fun. I definitely needed some pom-poms. Poop comes out of car carpet, right? (o: